Monday, May 28, 2012

Big shoes..different shoes.

I'm writing this blog from my phone so bear with me! We are home from a fabulous weekend! Legit is really showing improvement and that's what I'm lookin for! He's just much different from Ace. When Ace was Legit's age he was the type of dog that would go off course when I was clearly on the other side of the ring. He would never refuse anything, it would just be off courand, bars and not to mention he couldn't turn. We were in open jumpers needing one leg for 9 months. We took some time off and went to train with Jenn Crank, Joan Myers and Lori Michaels. Got back into the ring and he had a happy medium and the Qs and QQs came. I taught too much send work and not enought tight/close work. I had to work the tight/close stuff a lot. I always told myself my next dog is gonna be super tight ;). Legit on the other hand is a powerhouse full of stride and turns. The dude is a turning machine but he doesnt have that happy medium. He's pretty weak with his sends. I can't get more than 10ft in the ring without him pulling off. That's a hole in his training and I need to fix. At home he will send just fine. Now he will not send 30ft away but at home he doesn't pull off jumps much. I do have to say if I could pick between Ace and Legit's problem I would hands down pick Legit's. Also, he doesn't really have rears which is another thing I need to train. There much to train yet on the pony. I'm very happy with his contacts, extention and jumping. He can naturally extend and his jumping is beautiful. Now had he just did 2o2o instead of running I can almost garrentee he would be sending and have rears. Running contacts are mostly what I trained when I would train legit and now that his contacts are solid we can now start working on other stuff. Your probably wondering what my title means. Well I was about to go into the ring with Legit and one of my friends stop to pet Legit and she says "You go big shoes to fill puppy. No, wait, you have different shoes to fill" how true is that? I just love that. Legit will never fill Aces shoes cause he has different shoes :). He hav different shoes to fill Legit cause Ace has his own :). I couldn't help but to smile when she said this. We had a great time this weekend. I really have great friends. They are awesome sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment