Friday, May 11, 2012

The Comfort Zone

Ahhh, the comfort zone! The place we feel the most comfortable and awesome. The place we love to be at and hate to leave. Well, for me at least ;). I like my comfort zone, especially in agility and most of life in general actually. My comfort zone is living with my parents in the middle of Huffman, TX. Its my home and it's what I know best. It's not living in a house without my parents and just me Chris and the dogs ;). All tho I love the sound of that, its not comforting to me, its a brand new adventure and that sounds exciting yet scary!


 We decided on getting a house and will be getting a realtor/getting approved for a house this weekend. Nothing fancy just a cute, small, little house for Chris and the boys. We looked at a few houses yesterday and I fell in love with one but there was already an offer on it. I'm really gonna miss not living in the country, not having the pool, pond, hiking trails and an agility agility field all in my backyard but we are only going to be living no further than 40 mins away, so we can also come use all of that whenever when want too :).



 With regional coming up next weekend I really want to step out of my comfort zone. When it came time for AKC Nationals I told myself  "Stay in your comfort zone, don't do anything your not comfortable with". I also told myself that I wasn't going to go out of my comfort zone and push Ace. I didn't need to win but I need 3 clean rounds. I didn't wanna risk that Q or that not clean round. Ace decided in Hybrid he would push himself and act like superman over the teeter blowing our chances of the finals ;). But hey, he was pumped, I was pumped and no regrets. I feel like its time to get out of the comfort zone. He is 5 and hes not that crazy, brainless 2 yr old he once was. He can handle it. My very very most uncomfortable thing is pushing in JWW. JWW isn't our strong suit to begin with and the thought of really pushing in JWW is scary(ha!). I really wanna start letting him watch dogs more(not comfortable with that cause he used to get way high and lose his brain as a 2 even 3 yr old) and pushing him in local JWW more and at the regional. I mean what do I have to lose? A pesky QQ?! So be it!

We are training at a friends house tonight. I need to re train Ace's contacts and the pony needs some fine tuning. Sometimes I feel like 2o2o has more maintenance than running does! I think its safe to say I like training with friends more than showing at local shows. Maybe that will change some day or maybe not. Or maybe I just need to move to Europe and show there. Now that doesn't sounds like such a bad idea! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment