Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lions, Tigers and Bears..OH MY!!

Chris and I spend this beautiful day at the zoo! The animals were out and very lively. The Houston Zoo wasn't as big as I thought it was going to be. In fact it was quite small but VERY clean and the animals looked very happy that we were there. I grew up going to the Columbus Zoo which is HUGE and super impressive so I have pretty high standards when it comes to Zoo's. Together Chris and I have been to 3 Zoo's. The Columbus Zoo, Oklahoma City Zoo and Houston Zoo. I really enjoy going to the Zoo! Ever since I was a little girl I either wanted to be a whale trainer or work at a zoo. Heck, I still would would to do either! I got to feed Giraffes! It was a pretty cool experience feeding them and the two baby elephants rolling and playing in the water hole was SO cute. I wanted to take them home ;).
























I found it very sad how many endangered animals they had at the zoo and how many endangered species there are in the world. How did us as humans even let that happen? It's always very sad to think that maybe my great grand kids(I HAVE BABY FEVER!!!!) will not get to see some of these beautiful animals in the wild or in captivity. How could anybody want to kill these beautiful animals? That I will never know, but I do hope these endangered animals keep growing and that zoos keep doing these breeding programs that they do.












On a happier note, my parents are keeping the blue boy and have named him Luke :). I am very excited that he is staying in the family and I get to see what he looks like when he grows up! We are not sure what he is. We think BC/Aussie mix but he could be anything! He has drive coming out of his ears and hes very loud and super super cute ;). I told my mom she needs to do agility with him for fun cause this dude will need something to do! They are going to fill the paper work out tomorrow so he will be theirs!













Chris and I went to get approved at the bank yesterday! They said they will be calling us at the end of the week to get things started! To say that I am ready to move out would be a huge understatement ;). I AM SO READY!!! ;). Maybe not ready for all the bills and what not but I think Chris and I are ready relationship wise. I mean he lives with me now, but I don't get to see him a lot cause he goes to school full time and works full time. But yayyy, I cant wait to start looking for a house and move in! Relator is the next step and we will prob use our parents realtor. It's just crazy to me that I am getting ready to move out! Sometimes I feel like im 16 again but NO I'm 21....21!!!!!!!!!
























I prob shouldn't have made this blog post haha. I have too much stuff to do before we leave for regionals tomorrow at 1! I cant wait for regionals! Get to see some new and old friends :).

1 comment:

  1. Great pics, Kelsey! Love the ones of Ace & the kitty -- too sweet! On zoos to visit - one day go to the Gladys Porter Zoo down in The Valley (Brownsville). It's very nice - hardly any "cages", which I was very impressed with ('cause zoos generally depress me). Good luck in the house search, and have a great time (and good luck as well) at regionals!

    ReplyDelete