Friday, June 15, 2012

Taking the plunge.

   I have much much going on in my head right now.

  There is only a month and half till the Chicago regional and the Missouri regional. Getting pretty excited and nervous! I have been going back and forth and back and forth on weather or not I should enter Legit in team or just do Local GP and Steeple. I just started jumping him at 26 about 2 session ago. He looks great over 26! He has really nice form and jumps with ease but he is having a hard time adjusting his strides and that's when he knocks his bars and hes been knocking a lot but I'm not worried too much about it. He just needs to figure out his striding and he will be ok! Also, another thing is at home and training hes super awesome! He will send with no problem but at shows he gets really clingy and barks at me a lot. In the ring he will refuse a jump then bark at me and I have been telling him a soft no then going on and it works.  So, I have been going to different locations to train him so I am crossing my fingers that will work!

   His running contacts are looking better than ever. I am SO thrilled. This last session he hit every time and had the deepest AF he has ever had. Super stoked. We started some soft turns and its looking great. I am also learning what to do when we hit bumps in the road with RC's. It's making me such a better trainer on that end. Oh, however am I glad Devi told me I should do RC's. Best decision. Thanks Devi!

 Ok, back to the regionals (ha). I am taking the plunge and I'm entering him in team for both regionals. Every time he gets in the ring he just gets better and better. So, hey, its just more ring time! I have asked a few people what they thought. Some said he isn't ready and some say what can it hurt? I have been working really hard with him lately so I am hoping more training and taking him different locations will help. Both teams are non stress/baby dog teams and are with really good friends so there will be no pressure there. I just hope we don't make a fool out of ourselves but if we do oh well! He's a baby and we will have fun. That's what its all about right?!

  As for that Speed Racer Dog? Man oh man am I excited to run that little dude. He's only been to 2 shows in the past 4 months and this is the least I have never run him but I am ready looking forward to running him. Our next show isn't till the IL regional. We are taking 2 1/2 months off. It will do both me and the boys good but it will feel SO good to get back out there with Ace.

We are leaving for the weekend. My cousin is coming into town from Ohio and he wants to go see the Alamo and go to Austin so that's what we are doing this weekend. Next Saturday we leave for Florida fro a week then a week after we get back we leave for 12 days to Hawaii then a week after that we head to Chicago regional then Missouri regional. Phew!!!


















































No comments:

Post a Comment